Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Close to My Heart

This particular post happens to be a very special one. One that is very close to my heart.

A year ago Brittany met Dan. Dan liked Brittany. Brittany liked Dan. They fell in love.

Last Saturday, Kirk's younger sister Brittany married Dan. It was an incredibly special moment for the entire family....not only because we all adore Brittany (and we do) but because she found a wonderful, sweet, caring guy and managed to get him to marry her.

These two are great together. Seriously. They compliment each other beautifully. Perfectly made to fit together.

Given that the camera is really an additional appendage for me at this point, I was asked to capture the day.

There are hundreds of moments I could talk about. The weekend was a whirlwind of love and red gerbera dasies. So many perfect beautiful details, so many loved ones coming together. My mother in law cried those beautiful happy tears, my father in law sang "the ultimate party song" while playing with his youngest sons fantastic band, the grooms family made a respectable attempt at upstaging said party song with a couple tearjerkers of their own. Family and friends came from Utah to see Dan marry this amazing woman who must seem too good to be true.

It was beautiful.

If a picture is worth a thousand words...I may never ever stop talking.

This morning as I contemplated this post, and how exactly I was going to share my favoritest favorite images with you (there were more than 50 and the number keeps growing as I edit!!!!) I remembered my pals at animoto.

The only solution was one of their amazing slide shows. I needed to put one together in the interim before I finish editing anyway, so here it is:



Family and friends can check out Brittany and Dan's engagement and wedding pictures and play a fun trivia game here. If you need the login details shoot me an email via the contact link and I will send them to you.

Brittany and Dan- congratulations. We love you guys and are so happy you have decided to start a life of love, laughter and happily ever after! Thank you for inspiring me, entertaining me and exhausting me. I had a blast!

No comments: